All Products Ship From The USA


Ask a Technical Question:

Please note: We will answer all questions with regards to technical specifications of our units, pricing, wholesale inquiries, and shipping related questions immediately.

You can use the form below to send us a Technical Question.

Ask An Expert

User Juan Stellas Asked:

What is the difference between the regular power supply, and the UL listed one?

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Juan **** The standard and the UL listed power supplies are almost identical in terms of power the AC/DC input and output. The main difference in them is that the UL listed units receive a much more vigorous level of testing. Their components have to meet a high standard of quality, so the wiring in the UL listed units is usually of a heavier gauge. Which you chose depends on the application. For example, for normal home us, the standard units are just fine. For an application in a Laboratory with sensitive equipment, I would recommend the UL listed unit. I also recommend the UL listed unit for audio application where line noise is an issue. The UL listed units have a ferrite core on the cords that acts as a line noise suppressor. This line noise can show up in Audio recording, and even on sensitive video screen. Finally, if you are a reseller, and the product you are selling has a UL listing on it, you will need to match it with a UL listed power supply so that your product can be sold as UL listed. Finally, the UL listed power supplies have a 2 year warranty, while the standard units only have a 1 year warranty.

User Karen Ingish Asked:

I have a Christmas snowman (about 4 feet high) with a power adapator that fell and cracked and I need to replace. It's an AC Adaptor Plug in Class 2 Transformer Model AD-1202000AU Input: 120VAC 60 Hz 200mA Output 12 VAC 2000mA P/N GJE-AC57-124 It also notes Listed 8G10 (could be a 9G10) E200322 The plug in is two little fllatish and one roundish. (?) It's definitely not a barrel plug in. It runs the power for a light for fiber optics in this decoration. Do you have anything like this? I've looked all over. Thanks.

Our Technician Answers:

High K*** All te power supplies we carry have either a standard 5.5mm x 2.5mm DC connector, or a 5.5mm x 2.1mm Dc connector. For any non standard, you would need to cut off the tip that comes with it, and splice on a different one using electrical tape.. it is quick and easy...

User Daniel Brightman Asked:

Do you have any power supplies with a different connector than the 5.5mm one in your listings?? My mini router uses 12v power adapter a slightly smaller barrel connector.

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Dan. Yes, almost all our power supplies are available with a smaller plug. We list the 5.5mm x 2.5mm one on most pages because it is the most common, and covers 95% of all devices. We can however, if you request it, send any of the units with a smaller 5.5mm x 2.1mm blug. The 2.1mm represents the inner barrel diameter, and should work with some smaller devices. If you are unsure, I would recommend ordering the standard one however because it does cover almost all unit, and even devices that need a 2.1mm plug will actually usually function with slightly bigger 2.5mm one. Also, for larger orders, we can custom make any connector size.. This is possible for orders of 100 units or more, and will have a 10 day lead time. I hope this answered your questions.

User Sanford Erickson Asked:

Does the output plug come with a choice of polarities? I require the centre connector to be + positive and i don't want to have to re-wire unless necessary.

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Eric... All the connectors on our 12V power supplies follow the standard polarity, which is center positive. This means the inside of the barrel is positive, and the outside is negative... It is possible to switch the polarity by cutting the 2 wires, and switching them around and reconnecting them with electrical tape... This is safe and effective.

User Keith Merrill Asked:

My sit-down Everlast (Brand) exercise machine needs a replacement AC adaptor to power a simple "electronic" display which shows speed, mileage, etc. which are measured, I'm sure, by the speed and revolutions of the pedals. But I can't find a replacement with similar Numbers. There are all kinds of 12v adaptors around but I haven't the knowledge to know how specific one must be to order a replacement (amps etc.). Following is all the data printed on the label: AC adaptor Class 2 transformer, model ADB-0900500. I/P AC 120v 60Hz 9W. O/P 9V 500mA. Thanks for helping me out. Based on your reply (including if you will, if you have the replacement part and your price) I can then move ahead accordingly. Keith Merrill

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Keith... Unfortunately we don;t carry anything that is 9A...