All Products Ship From The USA


Ask a Technical Question:

Please note: We will answer all questions with regards to technical specifications of our units, pricing, wholesale inquiries, and shipping related questions immediately.

You can use the form below to send us a Technical Question.

Ask An Expert

User Ken Asked:

I'm trying to find out which AC adapter or transformer to use on a automotive electric fuel pump (12V), so that I can use 110V house current instead of a battery?

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Ken, An automotive fuel pump is essentially a 12V DC motor. Any of our 12V Power Supplies will power it. You just need to find the correct size for that pump. Do you know how many watts the pump draws? If yes, then divide by 12 to find the Amperage. If you don't know, I recommend going with the 10A unit, just to be safe. The pump will draw whatever power it needs up to 10A or 120W.

User Jorge Cave Asked:

I need a replacement power supply ac/dc adapter for LED lighting. Model number on current adapter is JY15-120-100-UD Input: 100-240V ~50/60Hz 0.4A Output: 12V 1000mA Can you please send recommendation. My lights turn on and then begin to flicker after 20 minutes and power supply seems to be overheating. Do you think that my power supply is going out? Thanks for your assistance. Jorge

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Jorge, If your LED lights are flickering, it is most likely a power supply issue, but before you start checking for power supply issues, make sure that the wiring and connections are ok.. Make sure there are no loose connections, all screws holding wires are tight, and all soldering is solid. If you confirm all this, and the lights are still flickering, first see if the power supply is overheating.. If it is getting really hot, it might be overloaded.. Make sure you are not running more lights than the power adapter can handle. If it is super hot, it is either defective, or not powerful enough for your load. The next thing is to check the Voltage of the output. With a voltmeter, see if the power supply is putting out a steady 12 Volts or if it is flickering.. If it is varying by more than 1V up or down, the power supply is defective. Replace the power supply.

User Marsha Carlson Asked:

AC Adapter input 100-240v, output 12V- 3amp needs replacement for our Lorex monitoring system Problem we are having is that in the possible replacements found, the circular plug although it seems to be same size outside diameter, is actually 1/8 smaller on the inside diameter and will not fit. How can we find apaptor with plug that fits. Any help appreciated

Our Technician Answers:

Hi M**** The majority of 12V 3A power supplies use a 5.5mm x 2.5mm connector. I would recommend trying that one because it is the standard. A small percentage of 12V Power Supplies use a 2.1mm interior barrel instead of 5.5mm. If the barrel is a little smaller, the 2.1mm should work.. Also, in most cases, a 2.5mm barrel will work with the 2.1mm plug anyways.. It will just be a little loose... The only other possibility will be to buy and a use a measurement gauge.. it is something that looks like a ruler, and has 2 points that slide apart and together to give an accurate measure of the power supply connector.

User Michael Asked:

I'm trying to power a belkin tunecast 2 fm transmtter. The input hole is very small which adapter do i need? Thanks in advance for your help.

Our Technician Answers:

Most power supplies that are 12V come in one of two types of connectors. The vast majority of 12V power supplies between 1A and 5A (Amps) use the standard 5.5mm x 2.5mm connector. This covers over 95% of all power supplies... There is a small minority that use a 5.5m x 2.1mm tip.. These are usually in the 1A to 2A range... Please note that in many of the 2.1mm connector units, the 2.5 mm connector will still work as they are so close in size.

User Juan Stellas Asked:

What is the difference between the regular power supply, and the UL listed one?

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Juan **** The standard and the UL listed power supplies are almost identical in terms of power the AC/DC input and output. The main difference in them is that the UL listed units receive a much more vigorous level of testing. Their components have to meet a high standard of quality, so the wiring in the UL listed units is usually of a heavier gauge. Which you chose depends on the application. For example, for normal home us, the standard units are just fine. For an application in a Laboratory with sensitive equipment, I would recommend the UL listed unit. I also recommend the UL listed unit for audio application where line noise is an issue. The UL listed units have a ferrite core on the cords that acts as a line noise suppressor. This line noise can show up in Audio recording, and even on sensitive video screen. Finally, if you are a reseller, and the product you are selling has a UL listing on it, you will need to match it with a UL listed power supply so that your product can be sold as UL listed. Finally, the UL listed power supplies have a 2 year warranty, while the standard units only have a 1 year warranty.